Work with Sunski!
Sunski is a San Francisco-based independent sunglasses company. We are a small, dedicated team of enthusiasts who blend our passion for the outdoors with our work.
Since day one we've believed that Sunski should be a fantastic place to work. We have had the rare opportunity to build this business so that work revolves around our passions and hobbies, and not the other way around. We strongly believe that good work comes from happy people. We work hard to be able to play outside on nature's schedule (not the 9 to 5 schedule) and draw creative energy from doing what we love.
When you join our team, you'll be counted on to make a real difference for our growing business.
Financial and Inventory Planner
We're hiring for a senior role that is responsible for building and maintaining our financial models and planning our inventory production. The ideal candidate has 5+ years in the consumer products industry, and has held senior ownership of financial planning & financial model development, or senior ownership of inventory planning and inventory model development.
- Production planning: Calculate and place production runs with Sunski suppliers. Ensure business always has adequate stock of all inline skus, optimizing cashflow efficiency against inventory investment needs.
- Flow planning: Plan inventory transfers from factory warehouse to domestic and international DCs. Ensure inventory is in the proper warehouse to support each channelís inventory demand, optimizing for economical transit and efficient timing.
- Performance & Cash planning: Build and maintain company financial models, work with revenue channel leaders and business controller to ensure revenue and cost forecasts are realistic and achievable. Build budgets and ensure financial & cash plans are updated and accurate on a monthly basis. Ensure inventory planning balances healthily within overall business cash needs, and that company cash cycle is as efficient as possible.
- Hindsighting: Develop a process to ensure variances between plan and actual are recognized, understood, and the planning process is updated to be more accurate in the next cycle. This applies to performance, cash and inventory plans.
- Business Intelligence: Provide strategic insights and recommend actions to improve efficiency within the business & capture opportunities. Types of work would include: contribution margin analysis and monitoring by channel, cost structure analysis, and modeling out the implications of strategic decisions the business is considering.
- Extraordinarily strong Excel & spreadsheet fluency: Natural comfort with collating large amounts of data from multiple disparate sources into simple, standardized and effective models. Model building and complex data analysis, constrained optimization.
- Strong presentation and communication skills: The ability to collect, interpret and transform complex data into actionable insights and strategic decisions for the executive team.
- Strong cross-departmental situational awareness: The ability to efficiently incorporate and relay information from key individuals within the business into the complete financial and inventory puzzle. The ability to always maintain perspective of the complete forest even when you are deep in the weeds of the trees.
- Strong strategic decision-making: The decisions made in this role are severely consequential for the success of Sunski.
- Familiarity using ERP data systems, capable of leading the implementation of advanced planning and forecasting tools.
This is a full-time, partially remote position near our SF, CA headquarters.
Compensation: $120,000 - $139,000 dependent on experience
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org